Friday 28 June 2013

Madam Butterfly

Today 28 June Madam Butterfly came to our school. She is a kaitiaki because she cares for the butterflies and moths. I learned that butterflies love nectar like bees. The part I enjoyed was when Mrs A dressed like a butterfly. I think Madam Butterfly is doing a wonderful job to save the butterflies. I also think Madam Butterfly is doing an important job. The most interesting thing was I got know that Monarch Butterflies came from America.  N. M.


Today Madam Butterfly came to our school. She is a kaitiaki because she cares for all the butterflies. I learned that many butterflies are in NZ. The part I liked was watching the caterpillar transform to a Monarch Butterfly. V.V.

Today, June 28, Madam Butterfly came to our school. She is a kaitiaki because butterflies are part of our Earth. I learned that they are not extinct. The part I enjoyed most was when Mrs A was dressed as a Monarch Butterfly. Madam Butterfly is very interested in butterflies.  J.V.

Today Madam Butterfly came to our school. She is a kaitiaki because she knows about butterflies and looks after butterflies.  M.L.

Madam Butterfly is a kaitiaki because she looks after a type of animal called a Monarch Butterfly. I learned that butterflies are special. The part I enjoyed most was seeing Mrs A as a butterfly. It was crazy and funny. I could laugh for 900,000,000,000 years until the world has ended. Caring for butterflies and moths is important because they are in the biospherre.  G.S.

Madam Butterfly is a kaitiaki because she takes care of butterflies. She started the organisation Moths and Butterflies NZ Trust and she studies about butterflies. I learned that there are 20,000 species of butterflies. The part I enjoyed most was when Mrs A got dressed as a butterfly. Taking care of butterflies is a good thing so there will always be more of them.  A.K.

Madam Butterfly founded the Moths and Butterflies of NZ Trust. She also really cares for butterflies. I learned there are 20,000 species of butterflies worldwide! The part I enjoyed most was laughing so hard my stomach hurt when Mrs A blew the butterfly tongue!  K.J.

Madam Butterfly is a kaitiaki because she studies butterflies and helps them. I learned that butterflies might be threatened  but not endangered or extinct. The part I enjoyed most was when Madam Butterfly dressed up Mrs A as a butterfly. Madam Butterfly's job is important because not a lot of people care for butterflies so she cares for them.  H.K.

Madam Butterfly looks after Monarch Butterflies, Red Admiral, Cabbage White, Coppers, Common Blue and Magpie Moths. I learned there are lots of species. The part I enjoyed most was when Mrs A dressed up as a butterfly. It was interesting because Madam Butterfly had a collection of butterflies.   A.M.

So here is the part we all enjoyed..............



4 comments:

  1. Mrs A looks wonderful as a butterfly!
    I have learnt a lot reading all the blogs from Room 14. I didn't know that there were over 20,000 species of butterflies! Thank-you Room 14 for sharing all this information. Next time you blow a 'party-blower' you will all remember about the butterfly's tongue.
    K.M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Rm 14 I enjoyed learning about Moths and Butterflies whit you!

    S.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU LOOK ASWAME MISS ALLFREY IN THAT BUTTERFLY DREES GRAET JOB ROOM 14 GRAET


    RANIYAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. that must have been fun

    sama

    ReplyDelete