Friday 28 June 2013

Kaitiaki at Ruapotaka Marae


On June 27 we visited Ruapotaka Marae to learn more about being a kaitiaki. One of the things I learned was that Ruapotaka Marae and Stanhope Rd School are a family.The part I enjoyed most was making pois. If I could go back again I would ike to lear more about the kids who have lived there that are 21 now.  S. G.

One of the things I learned was how a Kaitiaki cares for the Earth. The part I enjoyed most was singing the Maori songs. I would like to go back again I would enjoy that. A.N.

One of the things I learned was how to make a poi. Also things like how to behave on a marae
that we don't clap after they have sung their song and so on. The part I enjoyed was making the poi. If I could go back again I would like to do the weaving.  P.S.


Getting our materials ready for poi making

 So far so good, just a little trim needed.



The nearly finished product! One poi!
The Mighty Middle School preparing to leave Ruapotaka Marae at the end of our visit.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been a FUN activity

    From Alini and Aastha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was fun room 14



    raniyh

    ReplyDelete