Friday 24 May 2013

The Geosphere

Today it was the geosphere we were learning about. The geosphere is all the land on and under the Earth. We learned what the Earth is like inside: core, mantle, crust and magma.
To help us understand about the geosphere, we out some oats in a pot and made porridge! Then we put in some polystyrene pieces. As we watched we saw the polystyrene move slowly as the porridge bubbled. We learned that this is what is happening on Earth - the porridge was like the magma and the polystyrene was the land. This is what it looked like.


6 comments:

  1. WOW Room 14....I can not keep up with all this learning - I am impressed. I believe it will be very important learning for you to use when you attempt to answer the inquiry question and adopt a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos Grayson you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Adam Watson I'm year 8 and I go to Elim Christian College. I'm know Grason in you class and he told me about your class and your blog. I think you are doing cool learning I wish we could do that but in year 8 it's just boring tests and not very interesting experiments. I thank Grason for telling me about this blog and will be visiting it alot more.

    Thank You
    Adam Watson
    adam577@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry cant spell I now realise its Grayson not Grason

      Delete
  4. I thought your blog was phenomenal. You did lots of experiments and it was very descriptive. How much have you learned?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good learning Room 14!! The Mars Bars look delicious! By Terrillian and Rico :)

    ReplyDelete