Thursday 30 May 2013

Tectonic Plates (Geosphere)

Today we were learning about tectonic plates. First we got a paper towel and then got a moro bar to be a tectonic plate. Next we pulled the moro bar and made a crack. Then we pushed it back together again. Here are some words we learned: tension, shearing and compression.
Shearing means being pushed side to side. Compression is a force that pushes on the plates and tension is a force on the the plates of the Earth's crust causing them to move apart. (A.M.)
At the start.....

Hmmm  I wonder if I can eat this tectonic plate now?

....after some force had been applied.

11 comments:

  1. Wow Room 14, I loved reading this post - you have helped me to learn something too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Room 14, you guys look like you are having an absolutely rocking time. Those tectonic plates look really yummy. Keep up the fantastic work and keep asking those questions and finding new answers. Ofa Lahi Atu From the HIVE and Ω

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed that yummy learning and it helped me learn about the tectonic plates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work rm fourteen.


    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to everyone in Room 14! You are doing an excellent job! All the best, Marilou.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy seeing all your work room 14 keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good work room 14!. I hope we (rm13, rm15, rm11) can keep up with you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awsome work 14 i learned lots and i liked reading your post alot



    AZRA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like learning with you Rm 14 Sahil

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT MARS BAR LOOKS SO YUMMY I. WONDER WHY. RANIYAH RM 14

    ReplyDelete
  11. IT WAS SO SO SO SO SO YUMMY


    ALEXIS, JOYCE AND PARIS



    ReplyDelete