Sunday 18 August 2013

Hide and Seek

In our writing we are learning to imply, that means to give clues about what's happening rather than just telling.

We read a poem called Hide and Seek and then we wrote our own sentences implying that we were hiding. All of our sentences have been organised to make this verse of a poem.

Here I come, ready or not!
I crawl under my bed. The dust tickles my feet.
No one will find me in this dark, spooky place.
I stay in the dark shadows.
My chest fills up with excitement. I can hear them,
giggling just above my bed.

I am still and small. I stay really still. 
They won’t be able to find me here.
I try not to breathe.
Waiting for someone to find me.
I’ve got to stay still and quiet.
I won’t move. I won’t move a muscle.
I won’t say a thing.
Nobody can see me. I’ll stay forever quiet.
They will never find me here.

It’s been a long time, they still haven’t found me.
The voices of my friends fade away.
I am safe now.

I feel like I’m invisible.

By Room 14

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE OUR POAE ITS GRAET ITS MY FAV NICE ONE ROOM 14


    RANIYAH ROOM 14

    ReplyDelete